We’ll divide points among three categories: Quality Points, Movement Points, and Quantity Points. This is obviously an honor system. Only you know what you’re putting in your mouth. The goal is not to create a point system that is so pervasive or complicated that you’re spending more time calculating your points than you are eating. The goal is to give some constructs to the challenge and provide you a little extra motivation and accountability.
You will begin each and every day of the challenge with 4 quality/quantity points. If you eat as prescribed in quality section AND quantity section above, you keep all 4 points. Eezy peezy. If you slip or need to work in a little balance, you will lose points as follows:
- Bite or Sip or 1 Meal = -1 point (per infraction). If you take a taste, a couple bites, a couple sips of something in the “not allowed” section (from above) you lose 1 point that day per infraction. Or if you miss or add one meal to your intake you lose 1 point. For example, a sip of wine = a loss of 1 point.
- Cup, Bowl or Plate or 2 Meals = -2 points (per infraction). If you have a plate/bowl or glass of something “not allowed”, you lose 2 points per infraction. For example, a small slice of cake at a birthday party = a loss of 2 points. If you add or miss 2 meals you lose 2 points.
- Anything More = -4 points
You will have the chance to earn movement points by working out and/or completing a daily movement challenge posted with the WOD.
- Daily WOD = 1 point per day. If you get your butt into Daybreak or hit one of our travel WODs at home or on the road, you get 1 point added to your daily score.
- Daily Movement Bonus = 1 point per day. If you complete the daily movement challenge before the day ends (11:59p) you get 1 more point to your daily score.
Recording Your Score:
At the back of the gym we will write your name next to appropriate columns for your daily score. Each day, simply write your score in the appropriate column. To recap:
Each day you can earn a total of 6 points (4 for quality/quantity + 1 for the WOD + 1 for the daily movement challenge). 20 days x 6 total points…Perfect score = 120 points over the course of the challenge!