We’ll divide points among three categories: Quality Points, Movement Points, and Quantity Points. This is obviously an honor system. Only you know what you’re putting in your mouth. The goal is not to create a point system that is so pervasive or complicated that you’re spending more time calculating your points than you are eating. The goal is to give some constructs to the challenge and provide you a little extra motivation and accountability.
You will begin each and every day of the challenge with 4 quality points. If you eat as prescribed in quality section above, you keep all 4 points. Eezy peezy. If you slip or need to work in a little balance, you will lose points as follows:
- Bite or Sip = -1 point (per infraction). If you take a taste, a couple bites, a couple sips of something in the “not allowed” section (from above) you lose 1 point that day per infraction. For example, a sip of wine = a loss of 1 point.
- Cup, Bowl or Plate = -2 points (per infraction). If you have a plate/bowl or glass of something “not allowed”, you lose 2 points per infraction. For example, a small slice of cake at a birthday party = a loss of 2 points.
- Anything More = -4 points
You will have the chance to earn movement points by working out and/or completing a weekly movement challenge.
- Daily WOD = 1 point per day. If you get to Daybreak or hit a travel WOD at home or on the road you get 1 point added to your daily score.
- Weekly Movement Bonus = 7 points per week. If you get the weekly movement challenge completed before the week ends on Sunday, you add an additional 7 points in your weekly “Movement Challenge” column. (“Movement of the week” performed within a workout counts toward your weekly total.)
- Week 1: 250 Wall Balls
- Week 2: 8 Miles of Air Bike
- Week 3: 10,000 Meters of Rowing
- Week 4: 250 Burpees
We will spend the first 2 weeks focusing on eating for quality and for the last 2 weeks you will earn points for eating in the right amounts … these will earn you quantity points. We are making this a bit simpler to track…
- Eat 2 or more meals at the correct portion levels = 2 quantity points added to your daily score
Recording Your Score:
At the back of the gym we will write your name next to appropriate columns for your daily score and your weekly movement bonus. Each day, simply write your score in the appropriate column. To recap:
For the first 2 weeks, you will have the chance to earn 4 quality points per day, 1 WOD point per day and 7 challenge points per week… that’s 28+7+7 (or 42) total available points for each of the first 2 weeks).
For the last 2 weeks, you will have the chance to earn 4 quality points per day, 2 quantity points per day, 1 WOD point per day and 7 challenge points per week… that’s 42+7+7 (or 56) total available points for each of the last 2 weeks.
Perfect score = 196 points over the course of the challenge!