What you can eat:
- Vegetables — Lettuce, spinach, kale, brussels, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn on the cobb (or fresh off), beets, radishes, celery, etc.
- Proteins — Chicken, turkey, fish, seafood, grass-fed beef/steak, eggs, buffalo, venison, etc.
- Fats — Avocado, guacamole, coconut, oils, olives, nuts, seeds, butter (grass-fed only e.g. Kerry Gold, Kate’s, etc)
- Fruits — Fresh fruit; apples, oranges, berries, watermelon, all melons, bananas, kiwi, grapes, pears, nectarines, peaches
- Grains — Rice and oats
- Dairy — splash of cream in coffee
What you can’t eat:
- Sugar — honey, maple syrup, agave nectar, coconut crystals, artificial sweeteners of any kind (stevia, equal, etc.)
- Fruits — Dried fruit or anything with fruit concentrates (e.g. jams and jellies, juices, etc.)
- Processed Foods — items you cannot make in your kitchen, items with ingredients you cannot find in your kitchen
- Gluten Containing Grains –wheat, barley and rye
- Dairy — milk, cheese, ice cream, cottage cheese, yogurt (UNLESS vegetarian/vegan)
- Legumes — alfalfa, clover, peas, beans, lentils, lupins, mesquite, carob, soybeans, peanuts, tamarind (UNLESS vegetarian/vegan)
- Soy — soy milk, soy beans (edamame), soy sauce
- Fats — Canola, safflower and hydrogenated oils, peanuts or peanut butter
Exceptions: Pre/Post Workout (within an hour before or after WOD):
- Fuel for Fire
- Protein powder
- Pre-workout powder
If you eat within the parameters of the challenge (veggies, proteins, fats, non-gluten containing grains and fruits), you get a YES for the day. If you don’t, you get a NO. You will record your daily scores to the whiteboard provided.
On June 26th, the challenge will end. The person(s) with the most “Yes” days will win $$$.