FALL 2022 NUTRITION RECHARGE
For those new to Daybreak (and as a reminder for you Daybreak vets), our nutrition recharges are never about crash diets, temporary habits nor unsustainable routines. It’s about educating and exposing you to different ways of eating so that you can choose the best nutritional structure that works into your and your family’s daily routine. In other words, it’s about balance. While we’ll be more structured during the next six weeks by throwing in some points to keep you motivated, we’re hopefully creating some habits that can last you long after the recharge is over.
GOALS OF THIS CHALLENGE
Like our last recharge, there are NO eliminated foods and NO loss of points. Yes, that’s right, you can only EARN POINTS!! Points are earned by making healthy choices like eating fruits and vegetables, drinking water, working out and getting sleep and protein. Plus a few bonus points for completing weekly challenges.
DATES YOU NEED TO KNOW
Starts Tuesday 9/6 and runs through end of day Tuesday 10/4
You can eat ANY FOODS you’d like. However, to help guide you in making better decisions for your overall health and performance, there will be daily challenges.
- Eat 6+ cups of fruit and vegetables
- Spinach, kale, swiss chard, lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, potatoes, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, bananas, berries, apples, pears, kiwi, citrus, melon, papaya, mango, etc.
- Drink half your bodyweight in ounces of water
- 120lb x 0.5 = 60# = 60 ounces of water per day
- Get 7 hours of sleep
- Naps count toward your total for the day
- Move your body
- At Daybreak, at home, anywhere!
- Eat 1-2 palms of protein at every meal
- Eggs and egg whites, beef/steak, bone broth, bison, pork, chicken, turkey, duck, fish (tuna, salmon, haddock, cod, snapper, swordfish), and shellfish (shrimp, lobster, scallops, crab), yogurt, cheese, cottage cheese, milk, tofu, beans, tempeh, protein powder
- No Junk
- No added sugar (maple syrup, fruit and honey are all good), no alcohol, no processed foods (ex: cookies, candies, chips, cereals, frozen novelties, etc.,)
POTENTIAL DAILY POINTS
Throughout the 4 week challenge you have the potential to earn the following DAILY points
- Eating Cups of Fruits + Veggies – 1 point per cup with a max of 6 points
- Drinking half your bodyweight in ounces of water – 1 point
- Getting 7 hours of sleep – 1 point
- Working out – 1 point
- Protein – 1 point
- No Junk – 1 point
If you eat 6 cups of fruits + veggies (6 points), drink half your bodyweight in ounces of water (1 point), get at least 7 hours of sleep (1 point), you workout (1 point), eat 1-2. palms of protein per meal, and you do not eat any “junk” you EARN 11 points. If you have 6+ cups of fruits+veggies (6 points), drink enough water (1 point), sleep (1 point), but do not workout, do not eat protein at one of your meals and you have a glass of wine, you still EARN 8 points!
WEEKLY BONUS POINTS
Every week there will be a movement challenge that can earn you an additional 3 POINTS per WEEK! Once you complete the movement challenge for the week, write your name on the designated whiteboard and Mel will add three points to your account by the end of the week (Mondays)
- WEEK 1: 60 Minutes of Mobility/Stretching
- WEEK 2: 8 Miles of Run/Walk
- WEEK 3: 7,000 Meter Row
- WEEK 4: 500 Sit Ups
If a bonus movement is part of the daily workout, it WILL COUNT toward your weekly total!
OK, WHERE DO I SIGN UP?!
Head over to Triib registration link HERE. You should use the same login information that you use to RSVP for classes.
Then, to keep track, you simply log into your Triib mobile app (yes, the same one you use to RSVP) and click on the 3 horizontal bars in the upper right and scroll down to “Events” and you’ll see the challenge. Click on the challenge and you’ll be able to enter your food scores and your bonus points if any. The app will keep your score and rank you in the gym! If you miss a logging your points, sign into Triib on your computer. You’ll have access to prior days and can update your score!
Aside from tracking your points, keep a personal log (does not have to be on the app) with updates on energy, performance, sleep, hunger, skin quality, emotions, and how your clothes feel. And, take a picture at the beginning of this challenge and at the end. The log will help you feel the changes occurring in your body and the picture will help you to see your progress!